Friday, February 5, 2010

Tim Velten Signs With A.C. St. Louis

AC St. Louis of the new North American Soccer League (NASL) announced the signing of defender and St. Louis native Tim Velten. Velten becomes the second official signing by the club, and the second St. Louis born and bred player behind Steve Ralston to join the team in the past week. Velten, 26, played professionally last year for the Rochester Rhinos and Harrisburg City Islanders. Velten played two years of collegiate soccer at Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville before transferring to the University of Louisville for his junior and senior seasons.

"I am ecstatic to be coming home to St. Louis to play professional soccer," said Velten. "It has always been my dream to play in my hometown in front of my family and friends, and it is certainly an honor to be playing for AC St. Louis. I know everyone is excited that St. Louis now has a team, and for me to be a part of it from the ground up is an amazing opportunity. I want to thank everyone who helped me to get where I am; my parents, all my coaches, and my friends. I'm excited about our fans, our stadium, and winning soccer games. I can't wait for the season to get started."
Velten is a native of Webster Groves, Missouri in suburban St. Louis where he was a four-year varsity starter at Webster Groves High School. Velten also played for the prestigious Busch Soccer Club and Scott Gallagher Soccer Club before enrolling in college. Velten has spent the last three seasons playing for the Rochester Rhinos on a brief loan spell, the Harrisburg City Islanders, and the Charleston Battery.

S&E Entertainment, Inc. is a professional management services company that specializes in agent representation for professional soccer players and royalty administration and publishing for musicians. The company is based in St. Louis, Missouri.

For additional information on S&E Entertainment or Tim Velten, please visit www.sne-entertainment.com or contact Matthew Nagel at matt@sne-enterainment.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment